Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Do I need to have a relationship with a bank for future investments?

Essentially, I've been using two banks. One is my primary (CIBC), the other is the one I opened when I was 16 (TD) and have been too lazy to close.

I have heard that TD was good with mortgages, and while I'm still young, I'm slightly thinking about where I can go when the time comes (obviously I will do more research on this when I'm closer to making this decision). Ultimately, I'm incredibly pleased with CIBC and their services. But, in the chance that I wanted to go with TD to mortgage a house, how would I build a relationship with them? Or will they already know my current financial situation anyway? Everything I have and deal with is at CIBC (credit card, debit, TFSA) whereas at TD I only have a chequing account with them. Would this matter?

Read more: Do I need to have a relationship with a bank for future investments?