Saturday, July 14, 2018

Do you think we should get a dog?

My partner and I are considering getting a dog. I'm a university student that still has 3 years left to complete my bachelors degree (I'll note I've already got a college diploma before but wanted to go back to school). My partner on the other hand is a Shift Supervisor at his job and works full time.

I had 2 cats when we first were dating but 1 of them sadly passed away a little while ago. We still have 1 kitty but have never gotten a pet as a couple in the years that we've been together. Now we're thinking of getting a dog but I'm not sure if it's okay for us to start considering.

We own our own townhouse (or rather have a mortgage) so finding a place to live that will be dog-friendly won't be an issue. The only thing is we don't have a fenced back yard so if we were to get a dog it most likely will be a small or medium size for the kind of property we have.

Do you think it would be alright getting a dog or should we wait?

Read more: Do you think we should get a dog?