Wednesday, September 26, 2018

My father's will is a bit confusing. My question is at the end of the details?

1st it says my sister is the executor of the will.

2nd it says my two sisters get the house in NJ and that I get the house in NY.

3rd it says that all remaining property gets divided up between my sisters. (Its not specific on what)

4th ClausE it says it's up to the executor to lease mortgage or sell at their discretion any and all personal property thats left after the houses are written to all children. (The property is not specified so I can only assume that it means the property that's upstate New York, which is an empty lot, and all of the jewelry which is close to 50 thousand dollars).

5th Claus changes the first clause and names me the executor.

6th Clause says the executor can't collect Commission.

7th class says that all bills must be paid and that it is up to the executor pay them using the estate.

8th Clause talks about how if the executor dies then who becomes the executor.

9th says that there were no other children besides these three and that he disowns and disinherits anyone else that claims to be his children.

10th Clause says that any anybody who tries to contest this will losses everything.

Now since 5th Clause replaces the 1st and names me the executor, does that mean that the fourth Clause replaces the third for all remaining property? Do I now have to sell all the jewlery and property not specifically listed to pay the bills for the estate? In order to pay the bills for the estate? Are all the old Clauses replaced by new ones?

Read more: My father's will is a bit confusing. My question is at the end of the details?