Thursday, October 25, 2018

Can I be kicked out of my home if my name is on mortgage, but I signed deed over 9 years ago to my fiancee? I have no where else to go? - 1

Not that I question the difference btwn Deed & Motgage, but I'm having a hard time saving enough for a new place. I'm in state of NY. It was my ex, fiancee of 17 yrs that I bought house with. I made classic mistake & spent everything I earned on extravagant gifts/household items for family & pets so now I come out a bum. I'd rather save for a decent place, stay while I look. Also, I'm Godmom to her young Grandson who is Very close to me (due to fact I spent literally ALL time not at work with him on my hip, was in birth rm, co-raised him as we shared a bed so on most nights he slept with us while his Mom worked through college) so on many levels I struggle to just move on. Is there common law or any rights I have to stay here even though I have no proof what I've contributed except the $20,000 I made for escrow fees. She blows up with rage every time I say if she took my name off Mortgage, I could get a loan for down payment. She has paid mortgage directly but I've contributed to other property bills, covered almost any food or household costs which amounted to over $1,000/mo. Anyway- which is appx. 1/2 the mortgage now. There were times I needed help, but mostly I held down a lot besides mortgage. I already sacrificed my fertile yrs thinking we'd have a baby. Everything isn't fair in life, but I'm not just some tenant that won't move out. We've spent every holiday together, vacation to family. I don't want to hire lawyer to answer this cause I need savings for new home.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/can-i-be-kicked-out-of-my-home-if-my-name-is-on-1.html