Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Is this right or what options can I take?

My cousins were taken away from their parents. Due to both parents doing drugs and there's a high risk of it being permanent removal if they can't get their **** together (of course). The main point is no one in the family could take them and we want to keep them in the family. We reached out to the CPS caseworker and told them straight up that I was 20 years old but I do own a car, make mortgage payments and have a full time job. That being said if i could take the kids if there was any assistance I could receive. I told them if not then it was a deal breaker and nothing could be done (i love the kids but i can't afford it) Cps told me they could work around the age as long as i had a home to provide to keep them in the family. CPS then came to my home and advised me they would provide kinship assistance, daycare and food stamps. They said i would need to complete foster care classes to get the assistance. She then came back and said the director of the foster care program misunderstood and I can't receive any assistance. She said she will request the parents to pay child support and daycare. The parents haven't worked in over a year and i probably won't get anything. Is there anything I can do?

Read more: Is this right or what options can I take?