Thursday, October 18, 2018

My dad is concerned about the Hubble telescope spying on us?

Really though, is this an actual thing to be worried about or is this just one of my dad's paranoid things?

My dad was diagnosed with some schizophrenia two years ago but he was totally right about the Facebook listening to our conversations through our phones thing.

He's scraped off and blacked out the numbers on all of his credit and debit cards and he only uses indoor ATMs.

He used to keep all of his money in a safe in a covered shed near my grandma's cabin but he stopped when my grandma figured it out and confiscated his money.

She gave it back, but it really changed how dad interacts with the world. They haven't spoken in over a year and a half.

He hasn't worked in years and relies on my little sister and I to support him and pay the mortgage on the family house.

My sister is getting married next year and plans to move to Thailand on a work visa soon. He's really emotionally fragile, so we've yet to break the news to him.

I plan to stick with my dad for the time being, but once I lose some weight on my keto diet I'll probably meet a guy and move away too.

My dad probably isn't functional enough to live on his own and I only make $14,000 a year so I can't support him without my sister.

He's almost 47 but apparently that's too young for most of the assisted living places in our area.

What are my options here, exactly?

Read more: My dad is concerned about the Hubble telescope spying on us?