Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Two bankruptcies or one for purposes of new mortgage?

I had a chapter 13 bankruptcy converted to a chapter 7, which was discharged three years ago. My house was included in the bankruptcy, but the house sold at foreclosure a few months after the bankruptcy and the deed did not transfer until a year later (two years ago). I'm in a much better financial position and can afford a new house, but my credit union says they consider this two bankruptcies and I have to wait 5 years to apply. Other places, FHA, say I have to wait another year (so 3 years from the deed transfer). Will FHA also consider this scenario as two bankruptcies, thus extending even further the time I have to wait to apply for a new mortgage?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/two-bankruptcies-or-one-for-purposes-of-new-mortgage.html