Sunday, May 25, 2014

Best state/city to live in for 50k a year based on cost of living/schools/healthcare?

I would like to move. I currently live in an area with a very low cost of living, but I'm unhappy with the schools and crime is getting higher. I'm searching for a place to move that probably does not exist! Or tell me if it does:) I have no debt and about 50k a year income to live on. I'm pretty frugal no designer clothes or expensive take out.

I would like to live in this place for 3 years + since I have a one child in high school. I am looking for very good schools, doesn't have to have 100 special programs or sports but a solid education in a safe school.
I would like to be able to rent or buy at a min. 3 bed 2 bath home in a safe neighborhood with a small yard. My housing budget would be total $1900 or less, that includes rent or mortgage all utilities, taxes and any other housing expenses. If I bought I would put 20% down so no PMI.

I would like to be close to a major hospital, by close by to 50 miles away(currently I live 300 miles from a major hospital)

I would like some culture, museums, a good library, just a community that has something to do other then movies and eating out.

I don't want to be landlocked, living in a city that is adequate but is more then 100+ miles away from the next city.

I love new England and it would be my first choice for schools, events/museums/events but taxes, auto insurance, and utilities seem very high. I have lived in the south and it was my least favorite place so TX/FL/LA/AL are mostly likely not where I would like to be.

Read more: Best state/city to live in for 50k a year based on cost of living/schools/healthcare?