Friday, May 23, 2014

I want to move to another country, Need advice?

I've always loved the idea of just changing everything, putting a new outlook on life. For years I have wanted to just up and move to another country, but cannot.

I'm currently a student at Penn State University, I'm going for a Degree in mechanical engineering, I have two more years. I feel like if I wait too much after college I will eventually just be stuck here, (wife, kids, mortgage, things like that) But that's not unbearable, just too plain, too boring, too much like EVERYONE else. But I'm unsure if this is just a phase or what. Who knows how long I will want to live there weeks? Months? Years? Forever?

I have a great family, but we are not that close, besides my two younger brothers. I also have a few friends whom I really enjoy being with and doing things with but we aren't that close either. I mean I would miss most of them, but I really don't know. Also, I no longer have a significant other, so…

I really had no idea what country though, I just want to be happy, enjoy nature, different culture, the little things. I feel as if I just want a fresh start almost.

Where would be a good place to go? I would need somewhere I could retain English as a primary language, but could eventually learn a second one.

Places I liked the idea of: England, Denmark, Sweden, France, Germany,(most of Europe in general) and Japan. More developed countries of course, so I can use my degree.

Please, anything helpful at all, Especially if you've done it, are you HAPPY?

Read more: I want to move to another country, Need advice?