Thursday, May 29, 2014

Notary notarized my signature and I was not present and had no knowledge of transaction?

While I was in the hospital under the influence of heavy narcotics every three hours, I just found out my husband used my signature to obtain a mortgage to which I had no knowledge. The funds from the mortgage were put into an account with his name only on it and all his bills were paid with the equity of the home. I did not authorize this and was not present at the closing where the notary notarized my signature without my knowledge or consent. I was told by my husband he gave him my license and the mortgage lenders wife who I have never spoken to or have no personal knowledge of notarized my signature to close the loan.
To make matters worse now that I am feeling better and looking into our finances, I found he used the same mortgage broker again and again my signature was notarized again in order to obtain a mortgage. My name is not on the deed but I have marital interest in the home and was told that in the state of New Jerey a spouse can not obtain a mortgage without the spouses consent. I gave neither nor did I receive any of the funds from the proceeds which severely changed the equitable value of the home.
do I have any recourse to go after the notary and broker since they violated laws even though I just found out I was dupped.

Read more: Notary notarized my signature and I was not present and had no knowledge of transaction?