Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hospital Bill Financial Assistance?

I didn't have health insurance at the time I went to ER. I endes up getting 2 bags of fluid, battery of tests along with a CT scan.

I applied for financial assistance to see if their "charity" program will help. I currently live boyfriend and pay him my portion of mortgage. I received a letter in the mail today advising they need 3 months bank statements, current pay stub and his 2013 tax return form.

He makes triple what I make for a living and I contacted the financial dept advising that his income has nothing to do with mine. They told me that didn't matter and they would combine our income and divide it by 2. I feel like I'm not going to get any assistance now.

Can he refuse to give that information? I know they may refuse to help me if he does, but has anyone been in this situation?

Read more: Hospital Bill Financial Assistance?