Saturday, June 28, 2014

How to go after the condo association legally?

I live in a condo that is currently foreclosing, and I am working with mediation and the mortgage company. Before my condo was referred to foreclosure, I owed the association approximately $800 in maintenance fees which was about 4 months worth of fees. They were working with me and we had a verbal payment arrangement that I was honoring as well as a verbal agreement that as long as what I owed them wasn't up to $1,000.00, they would not put a lien on the condo.

Then, as soon as my condo was referred to foreclosure by the mortgage company, the condo association lawyer slapped a $2,400.00 lien on the condo (which I was told by the association representative would not happen), and they are not accepting any payments from me until mediation with the mortgage company is complete, which means by the time I can even pay anything on it, it will be a much higher amount of money. I feel violated, and this has caused me severe emotional distress including panic attacks and anxiety attacks.

I do not currently have a lawyer, nor do I have any money for one, and this is going on in the state of Ohio. What should I do? How can I go after the condo association? Help!

Read more: How to go after the condo association legally?