Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pay for school using a no-interest credit card?

I want to go to graduate school part-time, so that I can continue to work at my full-time job.
The program I would like to do will not give you a payment plan and the price per credit is fairly expensive (~$1000/credit; so one class is ~$3000).
Would it be a bad idea to open a no-interest credit card, pay for the class using that, and then pay it off through the semester?

To be clear: I am not *transferring* any student loan debt to a credit card.

Background: I have 0 debt - no mortgage, no car payment, no undergrad student loans left. I don't pay rent, utilities, etc. So the money I make at my job all goes to savings and every day living expenses like food and gas.

Read more: Pay for school using a no-interest credit card?