Monday, July 28, 2014

Advice on signing off mortgage please?

Me and my ex partner (LB dad) split badly 2 years ago. Was thrown out on the street with a 2 year old an a few black bags. Struggled to get sorted for my little one. In the meantime my ex was pestering me to sign off our joint mortgage. I was in a really low place, on antidepressants and tried to kill myself. He put me down so low, said things, mentally bullied me. I had no support. An he made me feel so worthless, that I hated leaving the house and was really depressed.
A mortgage advisor seen to us, I wanted to go for part of the house as I paid towards it for 5 an a half years. I was pressured into signing it over for nothing by both my ex and the mortgage advisor.
I left t everything there all furniture because my ex wouldn't allow me to take anything.
I was in such a low place that my ex even convinced me to sign £8,000 of his debt onto my name.
After a hard 2 years, I'm finally back on my feet, in a much better place. But still got just under £6,000 of his debt in my name an no money to pay it off as I'm a single mother working part time.
If I went to c a solicitor do you think I'd have a case of having mortgage signing as void! Cos 8 was not in the right mental state to make such a huge decision an lost everything.
I just want his debt gone an some of what I'm owed.
Any advice appreciated:)

Read more: Advice on signing off mortgage please?