Monday, July 28, 2014

Can I start a business in same industry as my employer working full time?

I'd like to start up a company - and am able to do so but the problem is I can't quit my job until the business is sustainable. The business I'm starting however is the same business type as the company I currently work for - with a twist that should generate some market share.

I definitely can start and run the business and work full time (I know what you're thinking, but I can and will), I have the business plan, business model, good feedback, good name, drive and focus to get it done, however I don't want my employer to find out because I would probably get fired (I'd basically become their competitor) and a start-up company can't pay the mortgage or car payment.

What should I do?

Read more: Can I start a business in same industry as my employer working full time?