Friday, July 25, 2014

How to remove MIL from house title?

There are 4 owners on the house: my husband, husband's brother, FIL, and MIL. MIL has not made any payments into the house and my husband has paid over 200k in mortgage payments and his brother has also paid almost as much towards the mortgage.

The problem is that my MIL is planning on leaving her share of the house to her daughter who had never made a single payment on the house.

Is there a way to remove my MIL's name of the title because it is not fair that now that the house is almost paid off via my husband's and his brother's life savings, that her daughter will take a portion of that.

My husband, his brother, and even their dad do not want MIL's daughter to inherit her share when my husband and his brother paid off the house with their own money.

Read more: How to remove MIL from house title?