Monday, July 28, 2014

How to sell my house if my husband refuses to move out?

Currently, I am on the deed as the sole single owner of the house and the mortgage is also under only my name. My husband and I purchased this house together during our marriage but now he is willingly unemployed and cashing in on disability for a minor injury he received before he was laid off. I do not receive any money from him to help pay the mortgage. However, he does pay the bill for water and internet. It should be noted that he promises to make the divorce nasty and contested if he is faced with it.

How can I sell the house if he refuses to move out? Does the fact that he pays some minor bills affect this? What are my options?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Read more: How to sell my house if my husband refuses to move out?