Sunday, July 20, 2014

I'm 28 and have no idea what to do anymore, I feel trapped and depressed and scared my life is passing me by?

Hi, I'm a 28 year old female with no clue what I'm doing in life & scared I'm missing out. I live at home with my mum however even though she also works she relies heavily on me paying the mortgage to our home. I've always been happy to do this, but now I'm 28 I feel I'm missing out on my 20's.
I have no social life, my few friends have children & boyfriends/husbands & their own houses, they have things to look forward to like wedding etc, I've had no boyfriend for years, no career, nothing to feel proud of. I feel so trapped but I don't want to leave my mum struggling to get by. I have always dreamed to travel, I spend hours looking at places abroad & reading travel blogs, I have this dream to visit New Zealand & when I think about it so much I get so upset & depressed. I'm scared I'm missing out on my 'youthful' years. With this fear I've started emotional eating & have now put on alot of weight (like stones not pounds) & with the stress of my busy supermarket job (which I hate but there's no other job) I'm trapped & can't seem to see a way out anymore.
I want to lose weight but mum thinks that buying all the sweets and junk food is a way to say thank you & I'm embarrassed to explain to her how much I hate my body & what I've done to it. Also how to explain I want to travel, I'm so so scared to go alone, but have no choice as I have no friends to go with, but I am so determined to go now to experience the world. But I don't want to leave my mum alone, please any help.

Read more: I'm 28 and have no idea what to do anymore, I feel trapped and depressed and scared my life is passing me by?