Saturday, July 26, 2014

My accountant screwed up on my taxes, what do I do?

I started a daycare and the accountant I had seen previously told me what I need to write down for what I could all claim back at the end of the year. I made a spreadsheet which was very detailed. It had every expense totalled and the groceries were specifically separated to make sure I was getting back what I spent on daycare groceries.
At the end of the year I ended up owing aprx $3000. Now from groceries spent that year should already make up for what I owe. That does not include my cell phone bill (which my accountant said was a 100% right off), a portion of the mortgage, property taxes, heating, water, vehicle and house maintainer fees, fuel and mileage costs for outings, tv and Internet and other supplies for daycare like cleaning supplies (also 100% right off), toys, mosquito repellant, sunscreen, cost for meals during outings. I started my daycare in May. I figured it out to be about $5000 I should get back.
It cost me $200 to get them done. I also have a graduate rentention program in place where I get $640 back every year. There's no way I would owe money from the daycare so I should have gotten a min of $640 back. I ended up get $430 back. Technically I owed money!
I called n left messages. Receptionists keep telling me she's busy or they leave a massage for her which she doesn return. I want my money back for her screwing up on my taxes! Is there anything I can legally do?

Read more: My accountant screwed up on my taxes, what do I do?