Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Signs he is going to propose or signs he's freaking out about commitment?

My boyfriend has been acting odd (for lack of a better word) ever since we moved into together almost a year ago. I've aired my concerns with 2 close friends, my mum and my sister (all on separate occasions) and half said that he sounds like he's planning to propose and the other half said that he sounds like he's freaking out about this big commitment we have made in the form of a mortgage. To be honest, my thoughts were originally around the freaking out thing (and it got me kind of worried) but now I'm not too sure.

- A few months ago, a friend let slip (after a few drinks mind you) that my boyfriend told her at New Years that he was planning to propose this year (he also let this slip after a few drinks).

- A little before that, his sister randomly brought up marriage and what my feelings are on it. It did kind of feel like I was being interrogated for information.

- We do slow down whenever we walk past a jewellery store and check out the rings in the window; he knows the kind of ring I would like and he knows my ring size.

- He always jokes about us getting married when we're 40. It feels like a subtle hint that marriage is a long way off for us (we're 24 but have been together almost 8 years).

- He has some money set aside. I have no idea how much there is or where it is; it used to be at our house but he accidentally let slip the other day that he's moved it. This is something he has been doing since he was a little boy though.
Added (1). - He has been acting kind of needy ever since we moved in together. Like, he wants me to pay attention to him and do things with him.

- He has been a little more domestically inclined of late (doing the dishes, putting them away, vacuuming, etc). Although, this could be because he's sick of me complaining that he never does anything around the house.

- He has been concerned with saving money and how much we're spending. Although he looks after our accounts, so I never see statements.
Added (2). So, what do you think? Freaking out about commitment or signs that he's thinking about a proposal?

Read more: Signs he is going to propose or signs he's freaking out about commitment?