Sunday, July 27, 2014

Who gets what home in a divorce if both parties had a house before they married and kept them both?

my mom married some at jerk-off about 10 yrs ago and they both owned a home. Well, his home was a double-wide trailer on some +10 acres her's is an actual suburban house. Ok now he let his daughter move into the trailer and they got a large 2 story apartment together. Now here lately he has been talking to his ex wife after his other daughter died in a car accident and anyways she thinks he is seeing her in his spare time. He recently changed the locks and informed her he is going to file for divorce because my mom will not sign over the trailer to his living daughter. I didn't understand why she wouldn't sign over the trailer in the first place, but now im pretty sure that this has been coming for awhile regardless. I assume he is just trying to cover his *** seeing as how the said "jerk-off" has already stole 7k in property for me a few years back left to me by my dad. So my question is what will likely happen to both houses in this situation? My only concern is the house my mom owns. So if that is the focal point of your answer thats fine.

Read more: Who gets what home in a divorce if both parties had a house before they married and kept them both?