Friday, August 15, 2014

What are some disadvantages of becoming a credit card authorized user?

HI, my dad has a 3,000 line credit, and in order to build credit I want to ask him to add me as an authorized user. However, in the past he had inconvenients paying his home mortgage which messed up his credit. Also, in the present, sometimes he has difficulties paying his medical bills which sometimes go to collection. Despise his credit is not so good in the present, he has 2 credit cards(each with a 3,000 credit). In terms of his credit cards payments he is always on time.
My question is, based on this context, would his bad credit from the past affect me if I become an authorized user?
Thanks for your insights.

Read more: What are some disadvantages of becoming a credit card authorized user?