Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hi. House survey issues/Help/Advice needed?

Hi.
Ok. I recently moved into a house. It was a long and totured experience, 5 months. I asked for a home buyers report to be taken out, 4 months into it, and after asking our bank 3 times, we received the report, they had mistakenly just done a valuation report. I asked my broker what this was about (i had waited a long time for this) he said he did ask for this, but not to worry, if there was an issue, it would have been seen on this report. Also, i would have to pay for the homebuyers report on top of the valuation survey, money, at the time, I didn't haver at all. I took his word:(
I may add that the valuation surveyor had to go back to the property as they didn't realise there was a loft room bedroom (Amazing job by the surveyor!)
… But I have noticed some glaring issues. Issues, that I would have thought, would be on a valuation report
I understand that a valuation report does not explain what is wrong with the house, it states major faults and how much it is worth to a bank. In previous reports though, they have stated retention of funds or costing of repair funds to the valuation.
Have I any right to complain? I would add that my mortgage broker is ignoring my emails, as he would 'look into this'… He is at fault surely, or he bank, as I wasn't given what I asked for. I can only hope the broker has WRITTEN proof of this.

Read more: Hi. House survey issues/Help/Advice needed?