Monday, September 22, 2014

Is it ever justifiable to do an immoral thing?

I am 28, mom to daughters 6 and 4, and my husband has been out of work for over a year. The type of work he does would require him to move across the country to get a diff job, meaning I'd have to give up my job. Meanwhile we are in over our head with our mortgage.

My boss propositioned me with a major promotion and transfer if I go on a romantic weekend with him to the Caribbean (masked as a business trip). As grossed out by the idea as I am, I am finding it hard to not at least consider it.

Not only would the promotion come with a lot more salary, the transfer would mean I would no longer be directly under my boss (hence getting away from the creep). Meanwhile, I do trust him to follow through with his promise because it would be too risky for him not to.

We are in danger of losing our house, my husband is deeply depressed, and I feel like our backs are against a wall. I don't want my daughters to have to suffer because my husband lost his job.

Am I an awful person for considering this?

The deal is 4 days at a resort, and, well, you can about guess the rest.

Read more: Is it ever justifiable to do an immoral thing?