Friday, October 24, 2014

How to repair an awful credit rating?

I have probably the lowest credit rating possible and at least 6 different debts (each £ 1,000 or less) from when I was 18-19. Since then my earnings have gone up and I'm paying them back in small installments. I live in Scotland and our laws ars extremely relaxed, debt is a civil matter here, not criminal, so debt agencies just pass debts from one agency to another and very rarely take legal action as it gets them nowhere, that's why I just ignored them for so long. But I'm getting to the stage where I want to be able to buy a home within the next few years. When I was a teenager I never considered that one day I would need a car and a mortgage and only cared about spending money on crap. How long roughly would it take to repair my rating and make it really good again do you reckon, and what steps should I take?

Read more: How to repair an awful credit rating?