Thursday, October 23, 2014

Proof that I no longer own a house?

I sold my flat 4 years ago but my name somehow was still showing on the land registry which means I am unable to buy the property I want which is run by a housing association scheme. They asked me to get a get a letter from the mortgage company I sold it to proving that I sold it but the company has since gone into liquidation and is now called something else. I rung the new company and they said they could send me a letter stating that I don't own the property and they literally wrote a one liner "This is to confirm that xxxxxx xxxx does not own the property as of 22 February 2010" but the housing association want more than just a one liner. I went back to the mortgage company and they advised they can't give me anymore. Please help

Read more: Proof that I no longer own a house?