Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Should I take care of in laws or divorce?

We moved MIL into our home thinking she was mobile and could care for herself (we had not seen her since she got sick). After moving in, we realized her mobility is much worse than what the rest of the family shared. They said she was fine, could walk on her own. However she can barely walk and can't bathe or dress herself without help. Yesterday after several times asking, his brother tells my husband that MIL had a nurse who came by to take care of her prior to moving. I told my husband I was angry that his family lied to us & made it seem as if his mother was independent & able to care for herself. We now we have to hire a full time aide to care for her as we both work full time. My husband has 3 brothers who are all useless & the entire family is expecting me to be the primary caretaker. Also my husband told me that one of his brothers lost his job due to going on a drinking binge and not showing up to work. His 55 year old brother is now homeless without a job & my husband feels he should live with us also. I said no & my husband said I was selfish. I'm 35 years old & my husband is 45. We have been married for 3 years & had planned to start a family. Due to his mother & brother moving in, those plans have stopped. I'm the primary breadwinner & pay the mortgage and all of the other expenses. My husband is now having to take his income to pay for his mother's care. I want to start my family & have children but that's now not in our plans, Should I move on with my life?

Read more: Should I take care of in laws or divorce?