Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My mortgage company failed to pay my taxes which are on an escrow account, what should I do?

Basically I had a contract with my mortgage company that I pay for my home every month and I pay my taxes together to them as well, unfortunately they didn't pay my 2013 taxes. I've tried to talk to them but the lawyer that works for the bank which handles this case told me over the phone that I should get my attorney to talk to him which I can't afford one. Now the taxes have been transferred to the county and I don't want to be responsible for the insane percentage interest they will have me pay for. I've payed my mortgage and taxes to this mortgage company for three years and always either on time or early. What should I do?
Added (1). I have all the statements and the proof that I have been paying everything I am supposed to.

Read more: My mortgage company failed to pay my taxes which are on an escrow account, what should I do?