Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Underwriting and approval for mortgage loan?

my LO sent me this email today after I asked her if there would be any hidden obstacles once our loan info was sent to underwriting- I am doing this loan through North Carolina State Employee's Credit Union…

"The loan has been approved. Approval is not determined by the underwriters. They are there to make sure all guidelines have been met and all documentation is in the file. They also process the final package sent to the attorney. We have done our due diligence in assembling the file. I have placed notes that we will be sending the final inspection and insurance binder. I cannot say 100% that they will not need something else for the file, however, we have provided everything that we know of to include."

Does this seem correct? I thought underwriters DID approve the loans?

Read more: Underwriting and approval for mortgage loan?