Sunday, November 16, 2014

Why do white people earn so much money?

I don't know if it's a Dallas thing, but I live in Dallas and the majority of white people here live way in the north suburbs with huge homes and a lifestyle of money.

There are very few poor whites here.

First of all, how do all make so much money?

I'm going to be honest, I've worked 3 jobs since I graduated from college, and it just seems to me that whites are like in a whole different world in terms of salaries.

I work in tech support so help with all these payroll programs and know the salaries of everyone.

People with just jobs that anyone can do earning 70,000 or more per year, and once I start getting into management it is like 200Ks - 400Ks.

I honestly don't get it, when they barely want to pay tech support now in my city they are even getting as low as $12 dollars an hour. I managed to get $19, but that was after aggressively seeking a higher wage.

The sad part is, that even people in the same department, I see white people earning like 80K and their non white counterparts one is earning 40K and the other 50K although the latter two have college degrees, the first one doesn't, and have been same number of years at the company.

I just don't get why whites seem to be in a whole different range of salaries?

And I'm not complaining, or envying, or being jealous, I'm ok with what I earn, I've been smart with my investments and home mortgage to a point where I can live comfortably with my 40,000 a year. I just would like to understand the whole salary difference.
Added (1). Must be a Dallas thing then. The only whites here making 7.25 are HS kids just wanting extra money, or maybe some ex druggie, partier, baby momma with lots of kids and boyfriends, but that's it, not a whole lot of adult whites in the Dallas area making minimum wage.
Added (2). And I said management makes up to that. But there's this lady, white, just high school, up until a year ago she was just taking care of her kids in the country, and now she's making 70K, and pretty much all she does all day is make copies, prepare them and ship them with documents, and she was trained to do all this. Barely knows how to use computer except for what she was trained months to do here.
Added (3). So maybe you should move to Texas.
Added (4). When she started, she didn't even know how to login to the computer or even send email.

And she's not the only one. There was this other white lady as well, making good money now, who did not know how to login, send email, or even open programs on the computer.

This is not the first company I've seen it in. I've seen it in all 3 I've been, and I know this, because it's me they bug when they can't send email or open a program. Not a technical issue, just user issue.

Read more: Why do white people earn so much money?