Thursday, December 11, 2014

Why is it illegal to change someone else's address?

why is it illegal to change someone else's address. When it's not illegal for someone to use your address as their own? I don't understand the concept. I pay taxes, mortgage and everything else for my home and I am legally responsible for my home and my mail box. Why can't I change the persons address when it is my home?
Added (1). @Peace, am i using your address currently? No i didn't think so:) These people do not reside in my home, nor have they ever. People need to prove that they have a right to use someone else's address as their own, maybe permission from the actual owner! That's too challenging for someone like you to consider though.

@Comicbookreader, I have used not at this address return to sender for months now and it has not stopped. Wouldn't it be that they are interfering with my life by purposefully sending mail to my house? Do they pay my mortgage? Are they responsible for the mailbox? Do they pay my taxes? No, exactly, so what right do they have to user my address? Please do explain:) If I start sending mail to your house that's ok then?

Read more: Why is it illegal to change someone else's address?