Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Is 4.8% a good mortgage loan rate in California?

I went to a company I was recommended to for my prequalification for a home loan and what they gave my husband and I is for a $176,000 conventional loan where we would be putting 20% down so we could purchase a home around 220,000 at 4.8%. We would be getting about $3,000 in credit (about 3 points). Our credit scores are about 737. Ive been looking at "todays rates" on different mortgage sites and they all say about 4.3-4.5%, so I feel the rate we were given is a bit high… I think i can lower the interest rate by not getting any points or whatever but does anyone know how much that would affect the rate? Are we being screwed? I really like the lady and I really would hate to go to someone else. We are in California. Any input would help!

Read more: Is 4.8% a good mortgage loan rate in California?