Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Joint mortgage, what can I do?

I moved into my home in 1999, with whom is now my ex husband, (who left me 2000), I have since remarried and my husband moved in with me in 2003 and came on the mortgage with me!
I am now looking to move out as I am in an abusive marriage now, I have been offered alternative accommodation up North by an agency, how do I stand if I either stay on the mortgage and rent this other house. Or sign the house over to him! My husband is staying put and refuses to move out or sell! What can I do? Or do I just walk away? We are on an interest only mortgage, we have 15 years left, and I can not see us ever having enough money to pay for it at the end of the mortgage term anyway!
Advice any one Please!

Read more: Joint mortgage, what can I do?