Saturday, January 10, 2015

Verification of Mortgagee (VOM) and credit bureau reporting?

I was recently approved for a new home loan. This process showed that all three credit bureaus did not report any derogatory information against the my mortgage lender therefore sold my home in 2014. As I came close to closing escrow the mortgage underwriter requested a verbal VOM. When requested lender holder reported 30 days late consecutively for 2 years. Mortgage statements never came in with late fees or with payments showing missed payments. I did file for Bankruptcy in 2012 but why would the Mortgage company report different information? I would have never sold my home knowing I would not be eligible to purchase a new home.

Read more: Verification of Mortgagee (VOM) and credit bureau reporting?