Monday, February 16, 2015

How to confront my wife about suspicious texts?

I think this needs a bit of context. My wife and I have been married for 1.5 years. She's always been friends with high school ex, Lee, texting him and very occasionally meeting up with him. I've never met lee. I've never minded at all as she's always been honest and upfront about it, and Lee is recently married himself.

Recently my wife, Laura, and I have had a bit of a rough patch, mainly about money As we're saving for a mortgage. All fairly typical for new marriage I know. She's been texting lee a lot more than usual though, and is a lot more private when using her phone, such as taking it to the bathroom.

I'm not proud to admit I looked through her phone tonight, something we both said we'd never do. A long conversation over the past few weeks ensues, she's sent pics of herself in bikini, but the conversation of which was comparing weight loss/body toning. However the worst one is that next week they're meeting at a hotel to talk and chill, and looking forward to seeing each other. Laura also admitted to having a sex dream of lee in this text conversation with him. Laura did tell me they were going to meet but in public bar near where we live.

It seems even if they haven't cheated yet, they may be about to. How do I confront her about all of this without being a bad guy for breaking my promise of respecting privacy.

Please help.

Names changed to protect identities.

Read more: How to confront my wife about suspicious texts?