Monday, February 9, 2015

How to get my house back from my husband?

Around a year ago my husband sent me a a text to not come home; so I didn't. He didn't try to reach me for months and I let him stay in our home (deeded in both of our names) because my grandmother had dementia and needed 24 hr care. I stayed with her until she passed and then my mom got out of the hospital and she has many health issues so she came to live with me.

I did get a loan on the home for $75,000 to consolidate our debts and pay bills (because my hubby wouldn't work). He bought a new car and some other things for himself with the $ that was left over.

Now he's refusing to sign my papers because they say he has to finance the loan into his name and the papers say he has to sell the house if he can't get a loan.

I know I can't get my name off the loan but is there a legal way to get the house back? I still get mail there and have personal items there.
Added (1). We were still married when we got the loan;He did sign the mortgage papers with me since his name was on the home deed. He didn't want to work or do anything but smoke "weed" and he's 40.We'd been having problems for years so when he said to go (b/c I told him he needed to grow up) I did. I was going to let him just keep the house as long as he just signed my papers. Since he's not doing that I might as well do what everyone said I should have to begin with- make him split everything.

Read more: How to get my house back from my husband?