Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Mums relies on me and sibling financially?

I live in England. I'm 20 and my sibling is 22.
I'm on a apprenticeship which pays 2.73 an hour on full time hours plus a part time job cleaning. My sister is at university studying and her student loan is about 400 a month.

My mum is depending on us for things such as food shopping, gas and electric (which is a killer when it's on a meter) and other basics because her job only covers rent. It is so stressful when some days we are arguing about food.

I never buy myself any clothes, or shoes… And save when I really need some new ones. I don't mind giving my mum money, I never think twice about it. But me and my sibling are so frustrated when we are surrounded by people who are financially stable and have parents to fall back on.

Even trying to make money matters better by learning how to drive has become impossible for me. Money causes a lot of arguments in the household especially between my mum and sibling.

I can deal with being broke all the time, but I am getting older and I don't want to be in the same financial position as my mum when I get older. (She even got a loan out in my name) I know I will have to sit down and talk to my mum about this but I am dreading it. She's not a bad mum.

Is there any ways I could save? Even if it's in within the house hold, I live in a council house.

Read more: Mums relies on me and sibling financially?