Sunday, February 15, 2015

Old owner broke into house in Oklahoma and wont leave, what to do?

I got a house from someone that had the house mortgaged, and had the deed signed over to me. And I've caught the payments up on the house (which were 4 months behind) I havnt moved in yet because I was remodeling the house. Then one day I find out the old owner had broke in and moved there stuff back into the house, and said there not leaving, and that they are going to sue me, (for who knows what reason). I've paid over 4000$ on catching the payments up, and even have the utilities on. Everything in my name. What can happen with all this? Can I loose the house? Can they goto jail? Can I forget about the house and get my money back? I've talked to a lawyer about it all. But he has not said anything yet. It's been over 2-3 weeks since this has happened. And nothing has been done.

Read more: Old owner broke into house in Oklahoma and wont leave, what to do?