Monday, March 16, 2015

Trying to get a home mortgage modification - do I stop paying my HOA fees?

I have been speaking with CitiMortgage and they told me they won't even consider a modification unless my mortgage payments are over 61 days late. I have been deferring other debt in order to make my mortgage payments. I am now going to start paying that debt (since it's accumulating interest), instead of making the mortgage payment so they can finally consider me for a modification. Here is my question:
Should I also stop paying my HOA fee? Will they need this to be late as well? Not sure how my HOA will react. I've heard stories of residents' cars being towed from their assigned parking spots, etc. Does anyone know anything about this?

Read more: Trying to get a home mortgage modification - do I stop paying my HOA fees?