Tuesday, March 10, 2015

What would happen if her husband catches me in the act?

I got a call from my ex wife who I am still on friendly terms with that she had a problem and she needed my help. I was surprised to get her call as I had not talked to her in over a year. She said her current husband was going to be laid off from his job if he did not learn to use a computer system where he worked and that would be a financial disaster for them. They could not make the mortgage payments if he lost his job. They had priced computer training in their area and is was very expensive and they did not have the money for it.

She knew I was knowledgeable about computers and she wanted me to train him on credit. I told her I would do it for free. I cautioned her she MUST check this out with her husband. She called back a week later and told me her husband would not take the training from me even if it was free because it would make him feel like less of a man. I told her to call me back if he changed his mind sometime in the future.

Shortly thereafter she called me back and told me that since her husband had not met me he would not know what I looked like. She wants me to pretend to be someone else and train her husband and not tell him I am her ex husband.

I am really torn on what I should do. I do not want to see her suffer from a layoff but I donĂ¢€™t want to deceive her husband EVEN IF IT IS FOR HIS OWN GOOD.

ADVICE Please on what is the right thing to do.

Read more: What would happen if her husband catches me in the act?