Saturday, March 7, 2015

What's your opinion on this situation?

My husband wanted to continue living in his childhood house that had a $1200/mo mortgage. I HATED the house, it's dump, so, before we got married, 7 years ago, I told him we either buy the house next door for sale, or, I am leaving. We bought the house and it has a $2100/month mortgage. We kept the other house and rented it out. During the seven years, he was unemployed for 2 because he refused to get a job. I ended up supporting us both plus the second house while it sat empty for a while. I was furious. We could have been completely out of debt. He did finally get a job. Later, after we had money saved up and I thought we were in a good place for me to start my dream of owning my own business, I saw a storefront for rent in a great location for really cheap rent. I went and rented it. Well, the rental became empty. We decided to put in a new floor. It took him 8 months! Should have taken less than 1 month. He literally did nothing for weeks at a time. I finally started yelling at him to finish the job (while it sat empty, I ended up paying the mortgage on it, so, our savings went down the drain and so did my hopes to won a store, since I had no money anymore for it) He said he took so long to finish the floor because I yelled at him. Just today, he said I am dragging him down, that should never have rented the store and never have bought this house, and all our financial problems are my fault. Seriously? I gave him thousands when he was unemployed to save both houses.
Added (1). when he refused to get a job. I also had money saved for the store, but, he took months putting the floor in, in meantime, I was paying for the mortgage on an empty house!
Added (2). That's my side of the story. His side of the story is, we should have stayed at the other house, I should have never rented the store, we would have lots of money saved and no headaches, so, I am the one dragging him down.
What do you think? Am I really dragging him down?
(Also, I work full time and make 2x as much as he does because he refuses to try and look for a better job, he is under payed) and, all he wants to do is go to his garage and drink beer with friends all the time.
Added (3). I am seriously trying to be objective, and see what everyone else thinks. Who is dragging who down?

Read more: What's your opinion on this situation?