Monday, May 23, 2016

I don't want to live with my in laws so my husband thinks im selfish is he right?


I'm indian so its customary for girls to live with their in laws, but as me and my husband bought and own the home we are going to move into, i don't want my in laws to move in too. His mum and dad have their own home which my boyfriend pays for, i just want some space to myself without worrying about washing and cleaning and looking good for my in laws. Im a lawyer, my job is demanding and tiring as it is without going home and having to cook and clean and make sure everything is done for my in laws. My husband called me bitter and selfish for not wanting them to live with us. I've lived with them since we got married its been hard, he says that his mother took care of him for 24 years so he should do the sam back. The thing is i would understand if she was alone but she has a husband. I've compromised a lot with him having a dog which im terrified of and dont like animals at all but now im bitter and selfish for not wanting to live with my in laws. I dont know what to do i mean am i selfish for this?
Added (1). also none of my brothers and there wives live with our parents, my husbands two sisters don't live with their in laws either. Its not like im the first one who doesnt want to
Added (2). My in laws don't live in a care home, they are healthy and fit and live in a home which we own a and is mortgage free so my husband just pays the bills. They go gym all the time, my gran who lived with me before i was married had parkinsons and was widowed, so i know whats its like to live with someone who is sick and god forbid if his parents got sick i would look after them and never put them in a home. As of right now they are healthy and fit, i mean they still work they're 55.

Read more: I don't want to live with my in laws so my husband thinks im selfish is he right?