Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Would a public record due to forclosure been deleted from my credit report?

Back in 2008 my parents signed a quit claim deed, giving me their home, but decided to keep the mortgage loan on their name because they were still going to live the property.

They fell behind on payments and the bank who holds the loan is making it hard for them to modify it, and now the case is in federal court and most likely will end up in foreclosure, a final judgment. The bank lawyers are including my name on that lawsuit claiming that I need to part of it because I am the sole owner of the property. I did not sign a promissory note, just the deed accepting the house, but there was a clause that stated that my parents will still be responsible for the loan.

If the foreclosure gets completed by a final judgment and it shows up on my credit report, could I dispute it stating the reasons mentioned above?

Read more: Would a public record due to forclosure been deleted from my credit report?