Thursday, April 30, 2015

Proposed works: Buying a flat?


Hi

I recently made an offer to buy a maisonette which was accepted and it is still on the process even if I have not exchanged contract yet as mortgage lender is still reviewing.

Today I have received email from my property agent and it says the property needs proposed works to be carried out to the block and I have to pay for around £3000. I have no idea of what the proposed works is and never thought of this extra cost because the property agent have never mentioned about it before.

Could you someone kindly let me know what the proposed works is and what it is for?

And do I have to pay for this? Or seller should pay for this?

I am in very tough budget and never thought of that extra £3000.

I would be grateful if someone advise me.

Thank you.

Read more: Proposed works: Buying a flat?