Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Can I live in California on with a middle class salary?


I currently have associates degree in human service and early childhood education, I will be transferring to a 4 year college to get my bachelors degree in either Social Work or Elementary Education. My goal is to move to LA and get a job;however, I don't know if I can survive in Los Angeles living on a teacher's salary or social worker's salary. I love both fields and I love LA. I don't want to give up on my dream of living in a LA and iI don't want to start over again in college to get into another field. Is it possible to live a decent life in California while being a teacher or social worker. By decent life I mean be able to afford rent or mortgage, car insurance, groceries, utilities, cable, etc. I do NOT plan on trying to live a lavish lifestyle. Is this possible?

Read more: Can I live in California on with a middle class salary?