Thursday, May 21, 2015

How much money would it take to do all this?


I'm thinking of moving out of my home and into an apartment. It's in the same city, and I plan on renting out the place to pay off my mortgage faster.

Already have one renter paying $600 a month, earn $320, and my mortgage is currently $800. It recently increased from $690. The place I'm thinking of requires $540 for rent, and I haven't asked about utilities or deposits yet. I am also thinking of renting a nearby storage unit if it costs less than $50 a month.

So, besides all that, how much would it cost to:
- Move all the stuff
- Clean up the house WELL
- Make general repairs (paint, wood stain, sinks and other water stuffs, etc.
- Advertise rental property
- Anything else I'm probably missing

Please do not judge whether the decision is a good one, just please answer the question. Thank you!

Read more: How much money would it take to do all this?