Saturday, May 30, 2015

How to qualify for a 200k home loan?


My wife and I make a combined income of 60k a year. We're both debt free with credit score of 720 & 783. I use my CC once in a while just to have some activity on the credit report. I had a school loan I paid off so I have installment loan history and she financed a car also paid off. At our current place we spend about 1000 for rent, bills and food. The rest is for savings and just random spending. We have 30k in our savings and a separate savings of 7k specifically for the down payment of a home. I know that they recommend not to go over 28% monthly income when budgeting for mortgage and were definitely under that but I doubt that's the only requirement when it comes to qualifying for a mortgage loan. What else am I missing? What would be the requirements for a 200k home?

Read more: How to qualify for a 200k home loan?