Sunday, June 14, 2015

I am single, 27, I want to have IVF treatment… Is this a bad idea?


My name is Katherine, I am 27 years old and I want to have IVF treatment - I am also a single woman. I am a primary school teacher who works with year six pupils and have a stable job with a great income that has allowed me to get a mortgage on a lovely two bedroom house. I have had relationships over the years, but never found someone who was 'the one'.

Do you think that it is okay for me to have IVF treatment to fulfil my dream of having a child? I know that a lot of people say it would be unfair on the child, not having a male role model around for them to look up to, but I know that I would like to be a parent.

I have not told my family about the idea yet…

Read more: I am single, 27, I want to have IVF treatment… Is this a bad idea?