Saturday, July 18, 2015

Am I being treated like a child?


I m a 24 year old female who moved back home with my mom after school. I do contribute to household bills (literally paying everything but mortgage). I moved back home mainly because it s less expensive than living on my own at this point and to help my mom with expenses but I m starting to regret it and change my mind about living at home. I feel like I m being treated like a child. When I go out and come back in after like 2 am it s a big problem. I have to sneak and spend the night at my boyfriend s house because my mom doesn t approve of "adult sleepovers" with my boyfriend. But what really has gotten me over the edge is a few trips I ve had to pass up on with my bf including LA and NY basically because my mom doesn t approve of me traveling with (and therefore sharing a bed) with my boyfriend. My friends say having no freedom in regards to hanging out is a downside but they say it s better than paying for everything on my own right now like I would if I moved out. I really don t know what to do, all I know is I m almost 30 and I need to be free to be an adult and make my own decisions. What should I do?

Read more: Am I being treated like a child?