Saturday, July 18, 2015

Need advice on getting ready to buy home? - 1


I am 22 and plan on getting a house in 2 years. I have been building credit for 2 years, I get paid salary which is 55k a year plus a 10k bonus each year. I plan on having 40-50k in 2 years, my credit score at the moment is 750. I applied for a personal loan today for 3k at my bank that I've had for 5 years (Wells Fargo) and never missed a credit card payment but got denied. My concern is being able to get a mortgage if I got denied 3k with my credit score and income. I have no debt whatsoever and pay my credit card twice a month in full. I have a 401k, Roth IRA, and half of my paychecks with fidelity. I was trying to buy a riding lawnmower and decided to get it in credit to build my credit more and I didn't want to get in store credit. How can I work towards one day getting a mortgage if I got denied 3k?

Read more: Need advice on getting ready to buy home? - 1